Pages

Tuesday, July 24, 2012

Pregnancy Resource Center

We have 4 more months before the Army moves our belongings for the very.last.time. With that said we decided to start decluttering.  We have decided that we don't want any more children (unless the Lord places it in our hearts of course) so I thought the playpen could go to Salvation Army or Goodwill. Then I thought as I was driving towards Salvation Army that the Pregnancy Resource Center here in my town needs donations. It has a screw missing and I know that I couldn't consign it at the thrift store but I know it can be fixed in 1, 2, 3 by someone. I googled the Pregnancy Resource Center on my cell as I drove and called and asked if they would like a playpen. The lady on the phone was the sweetest and she was so excited that I was coming with a playpen.

As I walked in the Pregnancy Resource Center I thought they would just take it and that's it. Well the lady that I spoke to on the phone came out and spoke to me and asked if I wanted a tour and also had me fill out their book so they could thank me later. I had many thoughts of why would I want a tour. God knew why I needed a tour. These were my thoughts:

-Why would I want a tour?
-I am just dropping this off...
-I am not preggo and I don't need any type of assistance from them, I just want to donate Elanie's playpen.

The first room she took me in was the Ultrasound room. The tears began to flow as she began to tell me the procedures of when a woman comes to the resource center for the 1st time. I came out and said "I am so sorry, I had a miscarriage and this room reminds me of the day they told me my baby had no heartbeat." She felt so sorry and explained to me that she doesn't know how that feels because she has never had to experience it. On the wall was a newborn being held in the parents hands. I thought to myself I was able to do that with Elanie but not with Nehemiah. My heart hurt. We began to tour the rest of the center. I was amazed at what they have for anyone thats in need. They not only have things for expecting mothers and their spouses but they have videos and classes for parents. Then we went into the room where all the donations go. AMAZING! There are people that care and want to give. The donation room was packed from top to bottom.

So as you can see there was a reason why the lady wanted to give me a tour! God wanted to bring me back to that season of my life that at times I try and put way behind me.

I always remember you my Nehemiah!

It Is Well With My Soul,
Melanie

2 comments:

  1. I wish we had a Pregnancy Resource Center, we have a free clinic, we have a grief center, but nothing of that sort and we seem to have so many pregnancies in our town. Something like that would be amazing. God Bless them for having that. And you too for donating something.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey girl I didn't even know you had commented... I guess I need to set my notifications to on. Thanks for commenting ;) Not many people do so I don't look often. Yes I didn't know we had one either till just a few months ago. I didn't know that it was a Christ-like ministry either. That's good ya'll have a grief center. I didn't have that option in Missouri when I miscarried. ;( God bless you and your family, Ashley!

    ReplyDelete

In Memory of my cousin, Paul

Photobucket

::In Memory of Nehemiah::

Click to play this Smilebox slideshow
Create your own slideshow - Powered by Smilebox
Digital slideshow generated with Smilebox

Check out my sweet::Sister in Christ::Emily J. Johnson Music

Sisterhood of Loss & Support