Pages

Friday, May 4, 2012

Pray or Judge?

It was about 7:45 a.m. Tuesday morning (5.1.12) when I heard as if a two cars had hit in front of my apartment. As I laid in bed I began to hear sirens really close by. I got up quietly since my baby girl was sleeping next to me. Went to my window and sure enough there were cars, police, and firetrucks everywhere. It seemed as if the accident was farther up so I ran to my daughter's room and there laid a young girl on the road.

As I began to "judge" the accident I instead began to "pray." Sometimes I think back to different situations and say "who am I to judge."

 But the Lord said to Samuel, “Do not consider his appearance or his height, for I have rejected him. The Lord does not look at the things people look at. People look at the outward appearance, but the Lord looks at the heart.” 1 Sam 16:7 www.biblegateway.com

I am sure many of you understand where I am coming from if you are reading this. I prayed that the Lord would be with both of the girls that were involved and that they both would know the Lord. The paramedics were already working on the girl that was hit by the car and the girl who was driving the car was alone next to her car crying with no one to cry on. My heart hurt for the two girls involved in this horrible accident. The one that was hit seemed to be conscious and was moving her arm and head so I just prayed that nothing major was wrong with her.

A man came to the rescue of the girl who was driving the car and they hugged. She started crying even more while she tried her hardest to tell him what had happened. Then came a lady and they hugged and cried together. The paramedics strapped the girl who was hit and off they went.

During the investigation all I could was pray that the Lord will give all of them peace and comfort and a speedy recovery.The investigation was very interesting as they used all these types of things to measure, cameras, chalk to mark each and every part of the road, and lots of paperwork was going around. I thought to myself and put my feet in both of their shoes and I can't imagine the thoughts of every single second of the accident will affect them both forever.

The girl that was driving drove away with the investigator as well as the lady that was with her but the man stayed behind because of the vehicle.

Hours later I went back to the bedroom to see the man walking back and forth near my apartment. In my heart I felt the need to take him a bottle of water. I dressed myself and my baby, took the dog with me, and out we went to show God's love. The EVER SO GREAT LOVE that the Lord places in one's heart just amazes me. I felt I was doing an Random Act of Kindness and I give ALL THE GLORY AND PRAISE TO THE LORD ALMIGHTY.

Thank you Lord for your unconditional LOVE you pour out to me today and everyday ;) I am grateful...

Love ya'll!


No comments:

Post a Comment

In Memory of my cousin, Paul

Photobucket

::In Memory of Nehemiah::

Click to play this Smilebox slideshow
Create your own slideshow - Powered by Smilebox
Digital slideshow generated with Smilebox

Check out my sweet::Sister in Christ::Emily J. Johnson Music

Sisterhood of Loss & Support